This car is my autocross toy. I purchased the car in December of 2011 and have enjoyed every minute of driving it every since. The car was completely stock, and had been owned by a Mazda dealer for many years of its life. It was sold to an individual who owned it for a few years before trading it in to a dealer in Plaistow, NH.
I couldn’t have asked for car from the middle 90′s in better condition that lived its entire life in New England. It originally had white pin stripes, but the dealer asked me if I would like them removed as they were chipped and I hated them anyway. The plastic rear window was also worn out and discolored and was replaced before I picked the car up. The car wouldn’t have been complete without the 1990′s car phone attached to the passenger foot well. As you might guess, that was the first modification; pretty much the minute it arrived in my driveway.
The car currently has the following modifications:
- Koni Race shocks in the front, Koni Sport in the rear
- Ground Control coilovers with 700lb/in springs in the front, 400lb/in in the rear
- NB top hats in the front, ISC Racing top hats in the back
- Racing Beat Tubular Race front sway bar with mount brace and blocks
- 15×9 Tire Rack C3M Wheels with 225/45 BFG Rivals
- Wilwood brake proportioning valve
I am in the process of swapping in a 2001 Miata engine and installing a Megasquirt MS3 ECU.
Here’s a typical autocross run in the car: